Minnesota Health Reform Resources
This page is a collection of resources that SHADAC has for the health reform initiatives in Minnesota, including the Minnesota state health reform of 2008, the implementation issues surrounding the federal health reform legislation of 2010, and related reports and presentations.
We hope these resources are helpful. If you have suggestions, please submit them to us using our contact form. You may also call our office at 612-624-4802.
Minnesota Reform Web Sites:
- February 22, 2012: Minnesota receives $26 million federal grant to help build a health insurance exchange.
- October 31, 2011: Governor Dayton assigns the Minnesota Health Care Reform Task Force to develop an action plan for reforming how health care is delivered and paid.
- April 30, 2010, letter from Governor Pawlenty to Secretary Sebelius Regarding High-Risk Pool
Presentations by SHADAC staff regarding Minnesota Health Reform
- "Health Insurance Exchange," presented on February 7, 2012 by Lynn Blewett at the Policy Not Politics: A Dialogue about teh Health Insurance Exchange event, Mounds View MN.
- "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA):Impacts for Minnesota," presented on April 8, 2010 by Lynn Blewett
- "Federal Health Reform:Short-Term Implications," presented on April 6, 2010 by Julie Sonier to the joint committees: Health Care and Human Services Policy and Oversight Committee; Commerce and Labor Committee
Other presentations relating to health reform
- Health Care Reform: How to Build on the Minnesota Model, series of forums sponsored by the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs during Spring 2012.
- "Health Care Reform: What Just Happened?" audio archive of the roundtable forum on April 9, 2010 held by the University of Minnesota School of Public Health.
- Minnesota Health Access Survey (MNHA) 2009 MNHA Fact Sheet
- Map of sub-state uninsurance estimates for Minnesota's non-elderly population
- Minnesota Department of Health, Health Economics Program (HEP) web site
- "Disparities and Barriers to Utilization among Minnesota Health Care Program Enrollees," report for the Minnesota Department of Human Services, published June 2009.
- "Reforming Health Care Delivery Through Payment Change And Transparency: Minnesota’s Innovations," report by the National Academy for State Heatlh Policy, published April 2010.
- "Minnesota Comprehensive Health Association (MCHA): Field Research Report," prepared for the Rockefeller Institute of Government and the New York State Health Foundation by SHADAC researchers, published May 2008.
- "Note to Health Reformers: All High-Risk Pools are Not Equal," commentary by Courtney Burke and Lynn Blewett, published March 2010.
- "State High Risk Pools - An Overview," issue brief by SHADAC, published July 2008.
- Issue briefs published by grantees of the State Health Access Reform Evaluation (SHARE) program housed at SHADAC. These are evaluations of enacted state health reform initiatives, funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Federal Reform Resources:
- Kaiser Family Foundation Health Reform Gateway, a web page of useful resources with regular updates
- H.R.4872, Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, from the Library of Congress, with links to the related acts
- National Association of State Medicaid Directors (NASMD) Health Reform Bills Side by Side comparison