This page provides links to a variety of reports conducted by SHADAC or other organization on technical topics of interest to health services researchers.
- "State-Level Trends in Employer-Sponsored Insurance," April 2013
- "Trends in U.S. Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance," June 2011
Affordable Care Act
- "SHAP Report on the Modernization of State Medicaid Eligibility Systems," June 2012
- "A Framework for Tracking the Impacts of the Affordable Care Act in California," June 2011
State health insurance high-risk pools
- "A Comparison of the Health Insurance Coverage Estimates from Four National Surveys and Six State Surveys: A Discussion of Measurement Issues and Policy Implications," November 2007.
- "Income Data for Policy Analysis: A Comparative Assessment of Eight Surveys," December 2008 (Mathematica Policy Research report).
SNACC Medicaid Undercount project
This was a multi-phase research project investigating the Medicaid "undercount". The research is designed to explain why discrepancies exist between survey estimates of enrollment in Medicaid and the number of enrollees reported in state and national administrative data.
Visit SHADAC's Medicaid Undercount project page for more information and links to reports.
Children's Coverage and Access to Care
- "Keeping Kids Covered: Number of Children with Health Coverage Increases During Economic Downturn," August 2012. This report analyzes recent trends in health insurance coverage for children at the state level between 2008 and 2010.
- "State-Level Variation in Children’s Health Insurance: A Deeper Look," October 2010. This report uses data from the 2008 American Community Survey to showcase significant variations in health insurance status, both within and across states by age, race/ethnicity and family income.
- "Chart Book on the Health of Minnesota’s Children," October 2010. This chartbook highlights how Minnesota is doing on a number of key indicators of child health.
- "A Needed Lifeline: Chronically Ill Children and Public Health Insurance Coverage," August 2008. This report includes a state-by-state analysis on children’s access to health care services, especially children who suffer from chronic illness.
- "Protecting America's Future: A State-by-State Look at SCHIP and Uninsured Kids," August 2007. This report contains several tables comparing the health care received by children on SCHIP and the health care received by uninsured children.
- "Whose Kids are Covered?" March 2007. This report contains graphs on the characteristics of uninsured children by state.
HIFA Evaluation Study
- Second Phase reports on the two-state enrollee survey, January and April 2010