SHADAC's American Community Survey (ACS) Data Release Webinar, held on September 23, 2009, can be viewed by clicking the link below. The initial presentation is about 30 minutes, followed by 45 minutes of question and answer.
A PDF version of the powerpoint presentation can be found in the Downloads section below.
Click here to view the webinar video in higher resolution.
Some useful links relevant to the the webinar discussion are here:
- National Public Radio's graphic representation of uninsurance by Congressional District and state.
- ACS data quality measures by state, including sample size, coverage rate, and item allocation rates. Response rate by mode will be posted when available.
- For American Factfinder users, "Instructions for Applying Statistical Testing to 2008 ACS 1-Year Data."
- SHADAC's issue brief, "An Introduction to the American Community Survey Health Insurance Coverage Estimates," September 2009.
- SHADAC's ACS reference page (under development - suggestions are welcome)
- SHADAC's issue brief, "Reclassifying Health Insurance Coverage for the Indian Health Service in the Current Population Survey: Impact on State Uninsurance Estimates," April 2005.
- SHADAC's technical brief, "Medicaid Under-reporting in the CPS and One Approach for a Partial Correction," November 2008.
- ACSWebinar_Sept09.pdf (PDF/109.02 KB)