SHADAC has developed a brief analysis of primary care capacity for each SHAP grantee state.
Each two page brief includes:
- A map of the distribution of the projected Medicaid eligible population ages 19 to 64 in 2014 for the state, by county.
- A table that illustrates the characteristics of the potentially newly eligible in the state.
- And a second map that illustrates current primary care physician supply relative to population in the state, by county
- Possible sources of provider capacity data.
- High level provider capacity questions that they state might want to consider addressing through additional analysis.