The CPS health insurance estimates are available through summary tabulations, downloads of microdata, and restricted-use files. This page describes summary tabulations, which are estimates available through published tables.
Advantages of summary tabulations:
- No analytic software required.
- Table packages are usually repeated from year to year, making them easy to find and use.
- Little/no flexibility to develop an answer to your research question. Your research may require analyzing microdata, for which we have information on our Access Microdata page.
CPS summary tabulations are available at:
- SHADAC's State Health Compare. This online table and chart generator offers the opportunity to run single year, 2-year or 3-year estimates from calendar year 1987 to present. The Data Center is an easy-to-use online table generator that allows users to select age and poverty filters, then choose from a set of policy-relevant tables of health insurance coverage estimates.
- Uninsurance Estimates by State, Calendar Years 1987-2009, an Excel file of trend estimates using SHADAC's enhanced CPS adjustments.