SHADAC Webinar on 2011 ACS & CPS State Health Insurance Estimates
SHADAC hosted a webinar to discuss the 2011 state health insurance coverage estimates from the American Community Survey (ACS) and Current Population Survey (CPS) on September 25, 2012.
SHADAC staff presented results from both the ACS and CPS, guide users in accessing the estimates, and discuss questionnaire changes that are being tested to improve the measurement of coverage in the CPS and to measure exchange participation as federal health reform is being implemented by the states. Experts from the U.S. Census Bureau will join the call to discuss these issues and respond to questions.
The health insurance estimates from the 2012 CPS, reflecting calendar year 2011, were released on September 12, 2012. The estimates from the 2011 ACS were released on September 20.
- Presentation slides
- ACS state-level coverage estimates compiled from American FactFinder
- SHADAC's brief, Comparing Federal Government Surveys that Count the Uninsured, September 2012.
- SHADAC's brief, Understanding 1-, 3-, and 5-year ACS Estimates: Summary Tabulations and Public Use Files, September 2012.
- Census Bureau's Health Insurance web page
- Census Bureau report: Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance coverage in the United States: 2011
- Census Bureau ACS brief: Health Insurance Coverage of Young Adults Aged 19 to 25: 2008, 2009, and 2011
- American FactFinder
- ACS-CPSWebinar2012_final.pdf (PDF/1.06 MB)