2011 ACS/CPS State Health Insurance Estimates Webinar
This page provides an archive of SHADAC's September 23, 2011 webinar to discuss the 2010 health insurance coverage estimates from the American Community Survey (ACS) and Current Population Survey (CPS).
This webinar featured experts from SHADAC and the U.S. Census Bureau who reviewed the estimates, discussed the comparison between the ACS and CPS and responded to questions from the audience. We'd like to extend a special thanks to the Census Bureau for participating in this webinar.
Resources related to the webinar and questions that arose during the discussion are below, along with the video archive of the webinar.
- PDF download of the webinar slides.
- Issue brief (2011 update), Comparing Federal Government Surveys that Count the Uninsured.
- Issue brief: Monitoring the Impacts of Health Reform at the State Level: Using Federal Survey Data
- Issue brief, "Comparing Health Insurance Estimates from the ACS and the CPS."
Census Bureau Resources:
- Health Insurance Estimates main page.
- Imputation working paper, Modifications to the Imputation Routine for Health Insurance in the CPS ASEC: Description and Evaluation.
- ACS brief, Health Insurance Coverage of Workers Aged 18 to 64, by Work Experience: 2008 and 2010.
Recording of the webinar.